Finally, the new easyXDM v2.0 is here!
This is really not just an incremental update, but instead, it builds on the internal changes made > 1.7.0 and exposes this using a new, simpler, but still familiar API.
This also means that you cannot just drop the new version in and expect it to work, you need to realign you code with the samples (which there are many of on these pages), but this shouldn’t take long.
Listing all of the changes is quite hard (there are many and its getting late), but here are some of the most important ones
- There is now only one Transport class, and this has been renamed Socket.
- The Interface class has been renamed Rpc
- The onReady handlers has been moved into the primary config object
- hash.html has been replaced by name.html, and is no longer used by the HashTransport
- The HashTransport should now only be used whenever you are unable to upload the name.html file, and will then work with any file that will load in an iframe
- To keep NameTransport as the fallback make sure that you on the provider include the path to name.html, and on the consumer to both its own and the providers name.html
Anyways, take a look at the samples, I’m sure you will get the hang of it 🙂